Monday, September 5, 2011

Biscuit of The Day

We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.

"And there were always choices to make. Every day, every hour, offered the opportunity to make a decision, a decision which determined whether you would or would not submit to those powers which threatened to rob you of your very self, your inner freedom; which determined whether or not you would become the plaything of circumstance, renouncing freedom and dignity to become molded into the form of the typical inmate. Victor Frankl

I can choose my attitude no mater what my circumstances? There is always a choice to be made? 

Today I will be a master of my emotions. Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions: strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts. Og Mandino

We have control over thoughts, attitude and emotions.  Not long ago I thought I was controlled by all these things. But now I know I am the master gardener of my mind and life.  Makes me realize that I truly am a child of god. How else would I have the ability to look inside my self and be able change what I don't like and keep what I like. I am so grateful for the men and women that have went against adversity to write good books. How many evil books are out there and think about the opposition in this world against the good ones.     

Thank you for reading 

William Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment