Friday, September 9, 2011

Biscuit of The Day

It's easy to lose focus when things are crazy. This week has been a good crazy week. I am going to speak to the congregation at my church this Sunday and I have been bombarded with things that consumed every second of my time. Tonight I was invited to go to a Diamond Backs game but I needed to take care of preparing for talking to the congregation. I almost went to the game because of course I need time to unwind now and then. Makes me wonder if someone was trying to knock me off track. This reminds me of Steven Covey's 7 habits of Highly effective people. Habit one Begin With The End In Mind and habit two  FIRST THINGS FIRST.
There is nothing wrong with going to a ball game with friends and spending time unwinding. But there is a time and a place for it. It is so easy to put off the hard things for the fun or easy things. I guess it would be called getting my priorities straight. I made a commitment to speak and I need to arrive prepared on Sunday to present the message. 
It could be just chance that I was invited to go to the ball game but I truly believe that that there is opposing force in all things. I know the apposing force was not the person that invited me but the option to go was.  It could be a voice or an outside person that throws one off course.   Before I make a decision from here on out I need to make sure it fits into My End  In Mind and the priority of the day or The First Things First.. 

Thank you for reading 

William Henderson     

No comments:

Post a Comment