Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Biscuit of The Day

Isn't it great when you finally over come that bad head ache you have had all day? Oh the relief feels so good. This morning when I got into my truck at 5:30 am it was about 75 degrees and it was like running into an old friend that I have not seen for quite some time. This has been one of the best summers of my whole life, but I am ready for the cooler weather. Arizona's heat has pushed me further physically then I have ever had and this push has been a welcome push.
I can do hard things and live to tell the tale. The first month after I was laid off I made $356.00. This was a scary moment in my life because I had six people to feed and bills to pay. When I had to get food stamps to feed my family I thought to my self that I was a failure. This is what the opposing force wanted me to think.  so I rolled up my sleeves and went to work. I even shoveled 10 tons of rock in the heat. One of the greatest jobs I have ever had was shoveling that rock. The reason it was great is because the person that hired me could have done it himself and he hired me because of his love for me and my family. All I can say is that act of service for me was like the cool morning after three months of over 100 degree weather or that head ache that had been with me all week. 
How can I be the cool weather for a brother that has been wondering in the desert of shattered dreams and despair? First be willing to get in tune with you higher power through pondering, praying, Reading and listening. Wake in the morning and pray for God to place someone on your path that you can serve. Say in your prayer "please place someone on my path that I can serve and I promise that I will serve him. You will find that as you act on the promptings to serve you will  get them more often. This will build a relationship of trust with God. You will trust that he will place people on your path and God will trust that you will serve the people that he places on your path.  Hope you enjoyed. 

Thank you for reading

William Henderson  

No comments:

Post a Comment