Sunday, October 9, 2011

Biscuit of The Day

Have you ever had one of those nights where your mind is going a million miles an hour and you can not sleep? I  could not sleep tonight so got up to take some things off my mind and put them on this blog. What is it that causes a tired person to stay awake and think about everything? Could it be stress, could it be worry or is it that there is a message that did not get shared and it is bottled up inside needing to get out? Have you ever held your tongue when you knew you should speak up?
I really think everyone has a message to share with the world but we are to busy to either listen or to scared to share. Is there any experience that I have gone through that can help me help others? I believe there is and the time is at hand to reach out and lift up those around me. And by doing so I will find the one that can pick me up dust me off and put me back on track better then they found me. Has there ever been a time where you think that life is too hard and you just can't go any further?  I have Been to that point a few times in my life and it has uniquely prepared me to be a beacon of hope for those coming down the same path.
Wouldn't be nice to have a road map that teaches us how to get through the rough spots in life? There is one and it just so happens that it lies in the experiences of the people that are around us. So does that mean that I need the people that I come in contact with on a daily basis? You better believe it does. There is so much yummy stuff out there that people have to share. But the hard part is figuring out how to mine the experiences from those around us.
First question I need to ask myself is am I teachable and willing to listen? Second question is can I keep from judging others and truly believe that everyone have a valuable message to share? Third Question is can I listen without speaking or changing the subject before the message is delivered? Dave Blanchard said " there is about 60 % of cooperation that people hold back until they feel the are validated". Imagine 60 % more cooperation  from those around you just by listening and really understanding.
Funny how that works isn't it.  Steven Covey said in relationships fast is slow and slow is fast when it comes to communication. Seeking  first to understand is the key to unlocking the door to the vault that holds riches so large there is not enough room  for one person to receive it.  So does this mean that I need to break out of my shell and start asking the right questions and listening 10 time more then I speak?
But I want to be heard because I have an experience share!!!  
Well I have found that my opportunity will come to share my experience and truly have people listen only when I have taken the time to earn the right to share.

Thank you for reading

William Henderson
  

No comments:

Post a Comment