Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Biscuit of The Day

What did I learn today? I learned that it is really easy judge each others. I caught myself making a judgement about someone today and I was so far off the mark it was not funny. Made me realize that I need to keep on top of my thoughts and not let my perceptions get in the way. It goes back to Steven Covey's 7 Habits #5 says seek first to understand and then be understood. This is also true for the physical aspect of the people you meet or know. Just because it looks a certain way does not always mean that is the way it really is. It is so easy to make a superficial judgement when you think you know how someone is.So I need to seek first to understand.
Makes me wonder if what I see is actually inside of me not the other person. So is it time for me to take out the trash? Am I seeing my own insecurities and short comings in other people? Or is it me projecting those insecurities and shortcoming on to others? Boy that is a tough pill to swallow but it is an absolute unchangeable truth. So That means I need to clean our my negative thoughts and then and only then can I see people for who they truly are. Kirk Duncan taught us about taking out the T.R.A.S.H.
Trash stands for Thoughts, randomly, affecting, spiritual, heights. Looks like I have some spring cleaning to do. And I hope this will help someone realize the same.

Thank you for reading.

William Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment